Many homeowners are waking up to the fact that many of the items in their homes are polluting the air they breathe. Some of these items like Febreze air freshener and other common household cleaners can be replaced with natural alternatives. Other items like wood finishing products, carpets, beds and paint are harder to deal with.
VOCs are the technical name for the pollutants released from products. Since 2007, many bed manufacturers have loaded mattresses with toxins that are harming the health of thousands of people. You can read more about VOCs on the EPA website. In addition to VOCs, molds, bacteria, allergens, dander and viruses can also because airborne and trapped inside the home.
Improve the quality of the air you breathe with indoor air quality equipment. Whole house air cleaners, ventilators and UV lamps refresh, protect and purify the air your family breathes. We’re a trusted Tallahassee indoor air quality company ready to enhance the quality of your home. Schedule an estimate today!
A whole house air cleaner replaces the standard filter that sits between the return air and a furnace (or air handler). Whole house air cleaners like the picture Trane CleanEffects® are able to filter microscopic items from the air including mold, bacteria and even viruses!
Ultraviolet air treatment can be used in ducts and the indoor coil to kill both surface and airborne mold and bacteria. The indoor coil is humid and damp which is a prime place for mold to grow. This will hurt cooling efficiency and air quality.
A ventilator exchanges fresh air from outside with stale, polluted air from inside the home. But opening a window can do that right? Here’s the cool part: a ventilator transfers heat energy during the process. This means you get fresh air without the hit on the utilities.
An air conditioning system is able to remove a little of the humidity out of the air, but for elevated comfort, a whole-house dehumidifier is the answer. These not only make your home less muggy and more comfortable, but they save on electric bills because indoor air feels cooler.